A. Applicants must be eligible for appointment in accordance with Private University Law of the Republic of Korea and Faculty Personnel Regulations of Korea University.
B. Applicants must possess a Ph. D. degree by the date of application.
1) Dept. of English Language Education: Applicants with M.A. degree are also
2) Dept. of Artificial Intelligence: Ph. D. candidates are also eligible.
C. Upon appointment, all appointees must be able to conduct all courses in English (or other foreign language).
- Exception: English (or other foreign language) lecture is recommended, but not mandatory in the Dept. of Medical Science
D. Special conditions
In addition to the requirements A, B, and C, there may be special conditions required by some departments as follows.
○ Classical Philology of East Asia, Dept. of Classical Chinese
1. Applicants who received B.A. degree from Dept. of Classical Chinese, Korea University are not eligible.
※ RE: Article 4-3 of Decree on the Appointment of Public Education Officials
2. Applicants capable of International Academic Exchange and International Research Collaboration preferred.
○ Geotechnical Engineering, School of Civil, Environmental & Architectural Engineering
Applicants who received B.A. degree in Civil Engineering preferred.
○ Sport History & Philosophy, Dept. of Physical Education
Applicants must have 2 or more research papers (including 1 or more first author papers) published in SSCI- or A&HCI-indexed journals over the past 5 years as of the announced appointment date.
○ English Conversation, English Writing, Dept. of English Language Education
1. Applicants must be a Native Speaker of English (Non-Korean Citizens only).
2. Applicants with a Ph. D. degree preferred.
○ Ergonomics, Dept. of Physical Education
Human factors and ergonomics apply physiology, psychology, and computer science to the design of working and living environments with explicit consideration of the physical and mental characteristics of users. (The detailed area is Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Psychology, Occupational & Environmental physiology)
○ Artificial Intelligence, Dept. of Artificial Intelligence
1. Ph. D. candidates are eligible for this position, but applicants must possess a Ph. D. degree as of the announced appointment date.
2. Applicants who have published 3 or more AI-related research papers for the past 3 years as of the announced appointment date either in SCIE-indexed journals with JCR IF within the top 10% of the subject category or in CSrankings.org-indexed conferences preferred. Publications in press will also be considered.
○ All Fields, Dept. of Medical Science, College of Medicine
1. Applicants must have specialist certificate of the relevant department.
2. Applicants must have finished the national military service before application. (National military service exemption or equivalent career considered.)
※ Regarding Article 4-3 of 「Decree on the Appointment of Public Education Officials」, we may reannounce the faculty invitation if there is not enough applicants who received their B.A. degree from other universities.
○ Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery, Dept. of Surgery (HPS-AA)
Applicants must have formal training and clinical experience in the field of liver transplantation.
○ Pediatric Rehabilitation/Cardiac and Geriatric Rehabilitation, Dept. of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (AA)
Applicants must have received a Ph. D. degree in the field of ear.
○ Arrhythmia, Dept. of Internal Medicine (CA-GR)
Applicants with research experience in Cardiac arrhythmia, Cardiac imaging preferred.
○ Cardiovascular Imaging, Dept. of Internal Medicine (CA-GR)
Applicants with research experience in Echocardiography, Structural Heart Disease, Heart Failure, Cardio-Oncology preferred.
○ Pulmonary Medicine (Critical Care Medicine), Dept. of Internal Medicine (PU-GR)
1. Applicants must be experts in subspecialty Board of Critical Care Medicine.
2. Applicants both with more than 7 years of working experience after acquiring a Subspecialty Certification for Critical Care Medicine and more than 5 years of clinical experience in the intensive care unit at the time of application preferred.
○ Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery, Dept. of Surgery (HPS-GR)
Applicants must have formal training and clinical experience in the field of Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery.
○ Traumatology, Dept. of Orthopedic Surgery (GR)
Applicants who are Certified Trauma Specialist with more than 3 years of clinical experience preferred.
○ Endourology, Dept. of Urology (GR)
1. Applicants must have 8 or more research papers published in SCIE-indexed journals over the past 5 years as of announced appointment date.
2. Applicants must have more than 3 years of experience as clinical fellow in teaching hospital at the time of application.
3. Applicants must have more than 3 years of clinical experience in laparoscopic & minimal invasive surgery in the relevant field at the time of application.
○ Pediatric Gastroenterology, Dept. of Pediatrics (AS)
Applicants must have a subspecialty of Pediatric Gastroenterology.
○ Stroke, Dept. of Neurology (AS)
Applicants with Clinical Fellow experience in stroke/cerebrovascular intervention preferred.
○ Radiation Oncology, Dept. of Radiation Oncology (AS)
Applicants with expertise in medical statistics including meta-analysis preferred.
○ Emergency Medicine, Dept. of Emergency Medicine (AS)
1. Applicants must be certified doctor by Korean Association of EMS Physicians.
2. Applicants must have more than 3 years of clinical experience as a clinical professor (excluding clinical fellow) in emergency medicine at the time of application.
3. Applicants must have more than 2 years of education experience at medical school or medical education field at the time of application.
○ Occupational & Environmental Medicine, Dept. of Occupational & Environmental Medicine (AS)
Applicants must have research experience on occupational & environmental epidemiology and big data analysis