1. Applicants must be eligible for appointment in accordance with Private University Law of the Republic of Korea and Faculty Personnel Regulations of Korea University.
2. Applicants must possess a Ph. D. degree by the date of application.
- Exception: School of Law / Dept. of English Language Education, College of Education
3. Upon appointment, all appointees must be able to conduct all courses in English.
- Exception: School of Law, Dept. of Classical Chinese (English lecture is recommended, but not mandatory in these departments.)
4. Special conditions
In addition to the requirements A, B and C, there may be special conditions required by some departments as follows.
○ Civil Law/Criminal Law, School of Law
Applicants must be qualified for a lawyer with more than 5 years of working experience.
○ Classical Philology of East Asia, Dept. of Classical Chinese, College of Liberal Arts
1) Applicants who received B.A. degree from Dept. of Classical Chinese, Korea University are not eligible.
2) Applicants capable of International Academic Exchange and International Research Collaboration are preferred.
3) Applicants with foreign language proficiency (English, Chinese or Japanese) are preferred.
○ Landscape Planning (Resilient Landscape Planning), Division of Environmental Science & Ecological Engineering, College of Life Science & Biotechnology
Applicants who are experts in resilient landscape planning and green infrastructure are preferred.
○ Operations Research, School of Industrial Management Engineering, College of Engineering
Production Systems included
○ Stochastic Processes, School of Industrial Management Engineering, College of Engineering
Reliability Engineering included
○ Sports Biomechanics, Dept. of Physical Education, College of Education
Applicants must have 3 or more research papers published in SCI(E)-indexed journals over the past 5 years as of the announced appointment date; in addition, the applicant must be either the first or the corresponding author in those papers.
○ Practical English (English Education Major), Dept. of English Language Education, College of Education
1) Applicants with a Ph. D. degree in English Education are preferred.
2) Applicants with research achievements (e.g. publications in journals, individual chapters in a book, complete books) are preferred.
○ Nursing, Dept. of Nursing, College of Nursing
Applicants must have more than 2 years of clinical experience.